Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts

I was doing some research for Doug and discovered some interesting info about one of my local stockists:-

North Wales Land Cruise 1954

Now I used to watch these landcruise trains enter Barmouth and so this was an interesting read.

One of our MRF members who also happens to have a hobby shop used to drive Deltic locos on the East Coast mainline.

It has occurred to me that every model railway hobby shop owner could have some interesting railway tales to tell and so next time you pop in to your local model shop ask the owner what he used to get up to before he starting selling model trains.

The answer may surprise you!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
334 Posts
I remember the North Wales Land Cruise. We were staying in a caravan at Talybont and I think it was about 1954. It may be my memory failing but I thought we actually got on the train at Talybont Halt. I remember the stop at Rhyl and I thought we then completed the circle getting off at Talybont in the evening. Memories of the actual journey are dim now which is a shame as we obviously travelled over lines that do not exist now. It must have been the same year that fired my love of North Wales Narrow gauge lines as I do remember a trip to the Tallyllyn as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts