Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ian Wigglesworth
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been intending to buy one of those new fangled Tassimo drinks machine for ages, but price was too high, the "T-Discs" which are basically the drinks looked difficult to get hold of and expensive!

I have been looking for over a year and they do seem to have taken off, with the T-Disks being more readily available and the choice is growing and the prices are dropping.

So went to Argos and bought one as the price has come down loads to £59.
Having thousands of Nectar points used these and ended up paying just over £10 for the machine.
They no longer come with the T-Disks so if you think your getting one of these for Christmas, make sure you stock up on some!!!
Or drop subtle hints to the person you think has bought it you!

The T-disks can be bought from the big super markets, but you may have to try a few as each one seems to stock a different selection.
You could just go to the Tassimo web site and order from there though.

I have just found out that my local Tesco's is stocking virtually the whole range now.....they weren't a couple of months ago!!!!

Anyway dead easy to use and the drinks don't actually taste too bad, I've read some reviews saying they are awful, well the ones I've made are ok.
I have to admit though I did try some at a demonstration in a local Comet and they did taste bloody awful, but the guy making them was just some guy from an agency NOT a Tassimo employee!, so who knows what he was doing, re-using the disks, not cleaning it correctly I have no idea!
So far I've tried, Cappuccino, Hot Chocolate and breakfast Tea and these all taste perfect, to me at least!

It does make a bit of noise when running but as it only runs for about 1min it's no problem.
I bought this machine as it does the different types of drink and not just coffee, which we don't really drink, I may have the odd one now and then, so this was the only choice to produce a range of drinks.
It's also quite useful if I'm at home to just make one cup of anything I fancy.
If there are loads of us who all want tea I will still use the Tea pot!!! it's just nice to have a change now and then, my daughter loves the hot chocolate and can make her own, saves me having to get up and make one for her!!

Turns out good drinks and the hot chocolate is really nice......even better when you add a capful of baileys

Over all impressed, just thought I'd post my experience so far as I'm sure some of you out there may end up with one as a Christmas present, or looking at buying one if not for yourself as a present!

If you want to see one running go to youtube.com and type in Tassimo there are a few owners who are showing it working, gives an idea of noise and operation.

Ian

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
QUOTE I have been intending to buy one of those new fangled Tassimo drinks machine for ages, but price was too high, the "T-Discs" which are basically the drinks looked difficult to get hold of and expensive!

mine went in the tip, it makes below average coffee, the insert thingies are over priced, the cup sizes are too small, and it was for ever getting confused. The Tesco hardly ever stocks what I want to drink (for the machine), I could have saved my self a bundle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts