Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just asking if any members here are involved with the NYMR?

Andii & me are going over on sunday and I have tried to arrange a guided tour of the sheds (this is going to be my stag weekend and we are camping over on saturday) but no reply yet

We love getting down into the sheds but your not allowed in over at Grosmount, anyone able to help?

Brian
CME MillDale

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Brian,

We were up there end of last March at about 4 pm on a sunday afternoon. We had a look at the shop and then just wandered into the workshops.

I cannot remember seeing any signs prohibiting entry, and there were also one or two other people looking around.

I don't know if this helps.

Martin

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (alastairq @ 5 Aug 2008, 07:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the Deviation shed ought to be open?

Unless there is some activity whereby H&S suggests they don't want people getting in the way.............??

or is it the 'running' shed you'd want to look over?

Would love access all areas, go every May with the 'wife to be' and all you can get to is the small viewing platform on the way into the shop.

Would gladly sign a disclaimer stating will not sue if a loco runs me over! they are certainly big enough to see, smell and hear!!!

Brian
CME Milldale

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
have you tried pottering off down to the deviation shed?..........just walk past the shop shed, to the left, and down past the coal stage.....then follow the fence line round the rear of the shed.....the door is next to the trackside...usually it's open...unless, of course, as I said further up, there is some activity going on inside, where H&S preclude a public audience?

If in doubt, ask in the shop...[where you will no doubt be buying all sorts of useful model stuff?.....All contributes to the running of the sheds **].....or even, give NYMR a ring before going?

** [they have a nicely-done NYMR dapol cattle wagon in OO in the shop....]

·
garage hobbit&#33;&#33;&#33;
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well will be off up north today, taking in the railway tomorrow

Have been talking to a very helpful lady on the phone at the Grosmont shed, ask for the shed master when we arrive and he will be expecting us, and depending on how busy he his, we can have our show round

Hope that Sir Nigal is in steam!

Brian
CME MillDale

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.