Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
http://www.finescale.org.uk/show_page.php?...c84ca4fdd88c3aa

above is a list of templates from C&L finescale.

chose your gauge/scale.

note that the major issues surrounding P&C work lies with check gauges and flangeway widths.

This is where wheelset dimensions also come into play.

a simpler method is to create a stub turnout.

BTW, Templot is a terrific tool, but it costs in excess of £40, isn't a 'planner' tool as such....but great for creating track templates, even directly off Ordnance Survey maps!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
QUOTE .Didnt Wrenn make card/fibre track at one time in 00.I seem to recall it had a far better sleeper spacing than Peco.

well...no it didn't, really.

the sleepers were incredibly wide..the rail was more like code 1000...would have done nicely for O gauge.....and hte fibre bases de-laminated quickly if wet....also very hard to curve...block and tackle stuff.

not the favourite fibre base trackage...GEM was better.....peco also did fibre-based , spiked trackage.....

Wrenn trackage also had some quite unprototypical pointwork...didn't have a crossing as such if I remember rightly.....the whole point blade and crossing pivotted, so when the blade end contacted the stockrail, the other end which included the wing rail, closed up on the crossing vee.....a bit like a prototype diamond crossing whose angle is so shallow, it has a switched crossing, since otherwise the gap between vee and point rail would be too large. [yep, there is a max crossing angle before a swithced crossing is used]

I,too, like jimread's card sleeper track...why not? I have left sheets of cheapo thin ply [packing case] outsdie for months.....just to get the veneers to separate...nice and thin...but a booger to cut neatly.....card seems better.....less domestic grief about mouldy old wood that needs binning?

If one happens into an office...check out old redundant file cards...bit like postcard,and no-one wants it.....

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
frame69...is that O gauge trackage, really peco streamline OO flextrack, cut in half and glued down further apart?

the weeds down the middle look suspicious.

[I bought some cheapo steel OO flex track, code 100, to recycle into O gauge trackage, as I have a LIma 4 wheel diesel with the cab cut down to resemble a German Kof 11....and 2 or 3 ex-ebay continental wagons to shuffle about......3 link couplers, but can't change the wheelsets.....one is a Pola Maxi, and it's axles are like welding rods.]

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I've turned down two full days of overtime this next weekend......double time too.....am getting too tired to devote all my life to work.....

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
question..that Lima shunter......what buffers did you use? [I am still 'on' with a conversion to mine, into a sort of Kof.....and need some cheapo ideas for large head buffers......drawing pins don't quite work as well as I'd like...]

are you leaving it DC?

Have you weghted it at all?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
ooo ta...

any sugestions to improve slow running performance?

DCC?

which decoder?

are there any bullet-proof decoders out there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts