Model Railway Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
QUOTE (jimread @ 3 Feb 2009, 22:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dear Frame69,

And anyone interested in wanting to make a point, in any scale.

Here's the link showing how I make mine;
http://www.jrbham.btinternet.co.uk/point/index.html

There's probably something I missed, please ask and I'll add to the page.

Jim
That looks a like a project I could get my head round ,thanks Jim,I'll keep you posted on my progress

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (alastairq @ 1 Feb 2009, 23:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>....and 2 or 3 ex-ebay continental wagons to shuffle about......3 link couplers, but can't change the wheelsets.....one is a Pola Maxi, and it's axles are like welding rods.]

One day I will find those pesky drawings - and possibly even plans for a s*******b

Regards

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Having learnt a great deal more since starting this idea.(all thanks to feedback from mrf members),I have now made the garden ready for work on my o gauge shunting layout.I've bought track,a bit of rolling stock,the easy part,So now Im making the timber frame,had a day off so I layed some track to get an idea........

...not very exciting but its a start.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
You've got to start somewhere mate. Oh By the way I'm off into the garden now to play trains

Kind regards

Paul

·
Administrator
9,885 Posts
QUOTE I'm off into the garden now to play trains

If your weather is anything like ours, lovely evening for it

David

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 24 May 2009, 06:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>anyone want a couple of cats ?)

Hi Brian

You must be like me "can't sleep" (going on the time you added to this thread) Actually Brian as we spoke of the cat thing! my cat doesn't bother with my trains (yet) It seems to be more interested in the tadpoles in the pond! But then her a*** gets in the way

Keep a look out on my garden railway thread as later today I shall be updating it with some video!!

Kind regards

Paul

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Hi Paul,

The creatures take the odd swipe at the trains when they think I'm not looking, although the fish in "Lake Belmont" seem more interesting to them at the moment.

I keep strange hours because of my work, which often involves anti-social hours, hence my posting times being all over the place.

Next weekend I will be in West Brom' for a Christening so I'm hoping to be able to "escape" on the Saturday if that's any good, but we'll see.

Look forward to seeing the clip later.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
The weather is good enough now for starting my garden shunting layout,as Im not realy allowed to drill into the wall or lay too much concrete Im using timber to construct it,heres the area being stripped prior to timber work with mistress Beverley not paying much attention to my construction skills....

....a start....

...and here is the second shunter I may run in a consist with the Atlas one so I can have a fair incline.....

...I'll try to get the full run of timber up soon so Paul can have a play when he's down,but work has taken a turn for the worse,8 am till 8/9pm most days

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
QUOTE (jimread @ 1 Feb 2009, 23:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dear Frame69,

You would be very welcome to the drawing I made and I would make a close up pic of a point for you so that you could see how they are made.

Dear Rossi,

Shellac has the same effect as does PVA glue when laying ballast I changed my mind about my layout and am now making a 3 way point plus 1 LH and 1 RH to make a crosover between 3 tracks, I had to scrape up the track I'd previously stuck down and ballasted, it was tough :)

Jim
Time has come to make a start on these points,thanks again Jim I'll try to keep you updated on its progress

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
No time to build these points so madon37 kindly picked me some up at mevagissy model rail shop. I'll be fitting them when/if the rain stops!
Hopefully some videos should be ready after my trip on Tornado this sunday.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Hi Alastair

I have the same Lima shunter and yes I weighted mine quite a bit and it does run a lot better with the extra weight in.

Kind regards

Paul

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.