Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my krokodil through the post from Ebay this morning. Absolutely spectacular. Just love those jack shafts. I wonder if it's possible to fit a decoder in it. Will have to wait till after Xmas to find out because it's my wifes Xmas present to me. Not that she knows yet.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts

Do I get a prize for identifying where the title comes from?

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I know it was the Bishop (of Bath and Wells?) but for the life of me I can't remember his name. I could tell you who drove the steam roller though.

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Er - Stanley Hollaway?

Regards

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The steam-roller driver was Sid James, can't remember any of the characters names though. I'll have to watch the dvd again. :)
For knowing that it was the Bishop you Win a Solid Gold no-prize!!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stanley Hollaway was the man who put the money up to buy the line because there were no licensing hour restrictions on railway trains. :)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll have to wait till my missus comes home. She has the cam.

·
is asleep
758 Posts
I may be completely wrong, but is this thread actually all about....the Titfield Thunderbolt?!! It is the only film about trains I've ever seen...one day I turned on the TV and there was a steam engine going down a village high street! It appealed to my deranged sense of humour immensely.

I eagerly await pictures of your crocodile Poliss!!

Why oh why won't anyone do a model of this one below in N scale, excellent though the now dated Arnold offering is? Fleischmann do a green Austrian version and DB ones, which is a very excellent model, but why not one in red? Come on Fleischmann...it's not a new tooling!!

And if they won't to do that, they probably won't be doing this any time soon (nor the locomotive behind it), brilliant though the livery is...

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (goedel @ 13 Dec 2007, 16:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I may be completely wrong, but is this thread actually all about....the Titfield Thunderbolt?!!

No - I think I hijacked it a bit - that seems to happen here

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (goedel @ 13 Dec 2007, 16:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Fleischmann do a green Austrian version and DB ones, which is a very excellent model, but why not one in red? Come on Fleischmann...it's not a new tooling!!

Nor is it rocket science...could it be something to do with lack of demand? I do like the other livery though.

Regards

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rocket science is easy compared to the motion of a CE 6/8. After all, you only have to deal with Newton's third law of motion once with a rocket.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts