Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
i think the confusion is the name on the loco, should it not be IVOR? or could be early Tri-Ang? the track looks right.

·
Registered
495 Posts
very tempted by this stuff .the ultimate in freelance model railways .great fun and can run round Christmas tree in winter and garden in summer .I was once asked what I thought about producing some masters for this Emmet kind of models by a figure producer,using the same chassis I note .It didnt happen but I was quite looking forward to the idea ,Its happened at last.
martin

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
There was an exhibitor (a Laurie Maunder) at the CMRA Exhibition at St Albans early this year who had made his own versions of these wonderfully eccentric locos. He'd been to the original 'Far Twittering and Oystercreek' 15inch gauge minature railway in 1951 at Battersea and had collected a book of card models to make up. He had never done so, but had then used photocopies of the printed book to use as templates for his models.

Regretably my parents never took me to Battersea although I can recall visiting the South Bank 'Festival of Britain' exhibition in 1951 and getting rather tired - well, I was only 5 years old at the time!

Regards,
John Webb

PS as they are 1951 vintage definately early BR - but like the Talyllyn Railway clearly not included in the 1947 Transport Act as a constituent of BR!!

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (JITSU @ 29 Dec 2008, 01:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you like that,have a look at these.......

I did and I'm still smiling, lovely if completely barking.

Oh and congratulations on your first post.

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts