Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know a good source of old style carpet felt (for grass), preferably with a website. The only supplier I can find, green scene, has a website that has the latest prices as 1999! I don't get to many exhibitions so I wonder if anyone could help me out?

Cheers,

CL

·
Registered
135 Posts
QUOTE (cl_009 @ 28 Oct 2007, 23:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi,

Does anyone know a good source of old style carpet felt (for grass), preferably with a website. The only supplier I can find, green scene, has a website that has the latest prices as 1999! I don't get to many exhibitions so I wonder if anyone could help me out?

Cheers,

CL

Hanging basket liner is the same thing, already bleached and dyed green. Garden centres and DIY stores will often sell it. There are several different types, you'll recognise the correct version.
I know that 'Do It All' (if you're UK based) sell it in convenient sized bags for not too much (£1.17 rings a bell, I may be wrong - we're not looking alot anyway).

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (cl_009 @ 28 Oct 2007, 23:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi,

Cheers,

CL

Try your local carpet shop/fitters - they will probably be glad to give you offcuts/used - it actually costs business's money to dispose of stuff thesedays so you will be doing them a small favour.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts