Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst on holiday up in devon last september I discovered an old toy shop in Honiton high st. It was closed when I turned up but open the following day so the first stop was this shop, i spent over an hour in there and would have stayed longer but my partner was getting impatient because we were meant to be sight seeing! The lady owner was adamant that she dont stock anything post 1970/75, so this was a great little shop for nostalgic collectors. Boxes and boxes of stuff everywhere, all gauges,makes etc...If I was a wealthy man I would have tried to buy the whole thing and moved in. She is only open when she wants, so a phone call is nessesary most of the time, ive got her card somewhere and cant wait to go and spend a wedge there in the next month probably combined with a trip to see the happy girls at Buffers in axminster who put some of my local m r shop keepers to shame. I wont mention any names. This shop is well worth a visit imho

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Brian,off to somerset next month so I'll pay them a visit,its my 40th also so lots of presents

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have great memories of my dad and me on one of his infrequent saturdays at home going to a shop called 'model highways'which I think is still there.Beatties in bristol city was another but these were a fair drive from our house.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The only time I've visited Scotland was with my dad in the lorry when I was a child,perhaps a visit is due as I'd like to go on the Kyle/Lochalsh line and a friend has a restaurant up there and a visit to some model shops is a must. Regards Andy.
PS,bored of driving so a train journey is the way to get up there...

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thank's for the info DB
I may go from north wales as my girlfriends aunty lives at Menai Bridge and we fancy paying her a visit

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Just got to Southampton and found that my favourite model shop in the area has moved to Shirley rd,this is a great shop as he stocks lots and lots of used items.This is a great shop.Well worth a visit.
Frame.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts