Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Dear Andrew,

There is already a quite extensive topic in the DCC Forum 'Older Locomotives and DCC', last posting 21st January, which will probably answer many of your queries. Hope you find that of use.

(I'm still waiting to get my hands on old Triang models lurking in my sister's loft before I can get underway.
)

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
There is a firm 'South Pole Magnets' based in Bradford on Avon in Wiltshire, that advertises replacement magnets for Hornby Dublo, Triang and Wrenn in recent issues of 'Railway Modeller'. Tel: 0845 8386803
www.southpolemagnets.com is their website. They use modern magnetic materials and claim to restore performance without the need to remagnetise. I haven't tried out their goods, but it sounds good in theory.

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Has anyone ever produced, or considered producing, an 'adaptor plate' which could hold a modern motor but fits in place as did the XO4 and other old motors?
This should not cost very much to produce (it could be made of moulded plastic, for example) and would allow the replacement of the orginal motor if the owner so wished.

Regards,
John Webb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.