Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is others experience in returning unwanted incorrect purchases which have been refused delivery to DHL the Courier as per issuer's instructions in obtaining a purchasing credit to repurchase correct items? First purchased on the 8th of June and refused delivery one week later.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
What is others experience in returning unwanted incorrect purchases which have been refused delivery to DHL the Courier as per issuer's instructions in obtaining a purchasing credit to repurchase correct items? First purchased on the 8th of June and refused delivery one week later.
Hi Good Morning I am perplexed by your Post.
Have you bought something from Olivias Trains online. Have Olivia's Trains Tried to deliver to you with DHL.
If so the Online selling regulations come to mind.
If you Ordered the wrong item Then it is your fault.
If They sent the wrong item that you paid for it is there problem and are obliged by law under the distance selling regulations to put it right including postage/ Courier.
Even if you paid the postage/ Courier it is Olivia's Trains Contract. Olovia's Trains has to provide you with a Return label
Babs

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Good Morning I am perplexed by your Post.
Have you bought something from Olivias Trains online. Have Olivia's Trains Tried to deliver to you with DHL.
If so the Online selling regulations come to mind.
If you Ordered the wrong item Then it is your fault.
If They sent the wrong item that you paid for it is there problem and are obliged by law under the distance selling regulations to put it right including postage/ Courier.
Even if you paid the postage/ Courier it is Olivia's Trains Contract. Olovia's Trains has to provide you with a Return label
Babs
Thank you Babs.
Being in Australia I'm unaware of the regulations regarding returns and obligations in the UK.
It was a mistake on there part for even though I selected a different item to the one that was shipped.
They have told me the goods are with DHL but DHL want to charge them freight so they are in dispute with the courier for over a month now and are not responding to my request to create the credit. I have a build project I'm trying to complete and want to use the credit towards items I need but cannot proceed due to the fact I'm just in this not ending waiting game.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Pete Now i understand. The trouble with DHL they are like a law unto themselves. Nightmare to deal with in Europe Sorry i cannot be of further help. Babs

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Babz. Olivia's use them to there and my misfortune. I wish more companies would just use the postal service. Appreciate your understanding. Pete

·
In depth idiot
7,678 Posts
Being in Australia I'm unaware of the regulations regarding returns and obligations in the UK.
It was a mistake on there part for even though I selected a different item to the one that was shipped.
They have told me the goods are with DHL but DHL want to charge them freight so they are in dispute with the courier for over a month now ...
The UK's distance selling regulations are very simple. If the vendor has made an error, they are responsible for all the costs arising in making a correction. If this is the situation, claiming a dispute with DHL is irrelevant to Olivia's duty toward you their customer. They should create the credit for you immediately, and carry on squabbling with DHL in their own time.

By happy chance another Australian just gave a report of the way it should work:
... Hattons, they're really good with this sort of thing. I'm in Australia and have returned faulty loco's at no expense to myself. I had to pay up front of course, but was reimbursed and not charged for the return postage.
Hit Olivias with this stick: your competitor performs in accordance with the distance selling regulations, what's your problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Everyone who has been so kind!
I have from your advise late last week sent multiple request politely explaining my rights under uk law and asking for even a credit over a refund with no success. If anyone has the details of the reporting authority to contact that would be wonderful.
Kind Regard. Peter from Australia

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Pete good morning Did you buy with a credit card. If so your Credit card provider should refund the money.
Failing that you can do a small claims court online in uk if you succeed they will have a CCJ registered against them if they do not refund themoney.
Trading standards in UK are useless.
Olivia's Trains are risking their reputation as it is now on a public forum for the whole world to see.
I will not buy from them now because of the stance they have taken .
Babs

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Pete
I don't really understand any of this. Many German online sellers also use DHL. It seems that DHL just need to get it to the point of departure in the home country. When it arrives in Australia, DHL use AustraliaPost as their delivery medium, this can take time. When I order and track it, DHL deliver it to the Frankfurt departure point within 2 days of the order being made. That is the end of their involvement, it then involves getting on a flight and when it gets to Australia it is AustraliaPost. (+often involvement from the customs people). So it can be in Australia within a few days but will then take 3+ weeks to be delivered.
Pete, what is this refused delivery? it got here and you refused it? or you got it, unpacked it and found the wrong item? If it's the latter, you may have to pay return delivery to Olivia's Trains, and they will send you the correct item and they will pay postage or whatever to even up the balance. It's not DHL, it's not even AustraliaPost, it's between you and Olivia's so sort it out with a phone call. or whatever...
Please clarify the exact sequence of events. You cannot blackball someone for something simple.
I have had a nerve wracking 4 weeks waiting for something quite expensive (Babz can guess). It got here yesterday without damage, I suspect after 2 weeks or more in Australia already.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
6991 Hi It can be very nerve wracking with DHL. But even if you pay for the delivery it is not your Contract with DHL It is Olivia's Contract and you have a contract with Olivia's End of. In December last year i had a very big order from Northern Germany The tracking did not move for2weeks it took three weeks and that was supposed to be a 48 hour Delivery. It can be a nightmare and DHL Know it. Babs

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would agree with 6991 above, the problem is not with DHL, it is with Olivias trains. I have never had a problem with DHL either in the UK or in Greece.
I am really, really lucky in that I was close to ordering something from Olivias when an acquaintance showed me what he’d received from them, it was bloody awful.
Since then, I have very rarely heard good stories about this particular retailer and I would never recommend them to anyone.
Sorry to relate this tale, I hope you can pursue things as Babs says, through your credit card company and let them chase Olivias.
Sincerely,
John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts