Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
Excellent work Neil and another great idea - I've got to buy some plasterboard shortly (to replace the Kitchen ceiling after it fell down!) Now I know what to do with the offcuts.

Personally I think Brian should buy both versions of the loco!

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 3 Jul 2008, 13:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Personally I think Brian should buy both versions of the loco!

QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 3 Jul 2008, 23:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think so too Dave but will he?

Well - it is his (buspass) birthday soon so perhaps the model railway fairy will visit?

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 26 Jul 2008, 05:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is what I am aiming to represent so judge for yourself how it turned out.

Looks really good Neil - almost good enough to drink in!

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 28 Jul 2008, 22:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Actually outside is great in summer. The benches overlook Elie harbour.

It certainly looks idyllic Neil, I assume it is in the Highlands and Islands somewhere.

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 5 Aug 2008, 07:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Here's the pub in its new home.

And excellent it looks too! That really does look convincing Neil

QUOTE (Purley Oaks @ 5 Aug 2008, 09:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's The Ship Inn at Elie. Look it up on google. They play cricket on the harbour sand when the tide's out.

I once played cricket on the Goodwin Sands - in the good old days of the SRN-4s

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 6 Aug 2008, 09:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>- like the conservatory on the back of the building - nice touch.

Is it the Wills one? I have to agree with Brian though it is something you rarely see modelled.

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 25 Aug 2008, 09:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Strangely, BRITHO & myself were discussing weathering yesterday so it looks like he will be busy for a while !

Was that discussing - I thought you were telling me that I had to weather approximately 100 wagons (once we've acquired the airbrush etc) after I've painted enough figures to populate about 60 coaches...............................

Seriously though a fine selection of nicely dirtied four wheelers.

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 26 Aug 2008, 23:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That certainly will keep you busy for a while!

Don't I know it (groans loudly) - one day I might actually get some work of my own done!

QUOTE (john woodall @ 27 Aug 2008, 01:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is Dave for hire?
- Could consider poaching him from Brian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I've said before the biggest problem is the commuting!

QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 27 Aug 2008, 05:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You could try poaching him

I always felt I would be better lightly grilled!!

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
That looks really good Neil, I shall have to get some card out and start playing.

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (john woodall @ 1 May 2009, 06:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>but only a unimog required?

SdKfz7? (my military modelling days were a long time ago)

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (Ozzie21 @ 2 May 2009, 00:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>When I looked at your picture of the 52 the first thought that crossed my mind was that my uncle, who was an RAF II TAF pilot flying Typoons and Tempests would most likely have shot that train to bits.

Now that could make for an interesting bit of railway modelling!

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 2 May 2009, 13:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Getting 1/87 Typhoons might be tricky.

Well, Wiking now do the ME109 in 1/87 - perhaps doing a victory roll over the smoking remains of said Typhoon

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 4 May 2009, 06:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If he'd listened to his generals my German would be significantly better than it currently is!

Likewise (at a mere 17/18 miles from Europe)

Regards

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.