Administrator
9,844 Posts
Yup. That looks good.
I wouldn't like to have to push a buggy along that pavement past the bank

David

·
C55
2,457 Posts
So often scenery starts with an expanse of grass, decorated with some shrubs, with some trees, or industrial arched wall, topped with terraced houses, with some industrial units. Very good they, so often are, too. But here we have every building different and set for it's own purpose, just as those Devon towns were developed over hundreds of years. It could be Bideford, Barnstaple, Totnes, Crediton {Kirton}, Okehampton, Minehead {I know Zummerzet, but uz b'in saame plaaze!}, Topsham {very much so} and so many more. Everywhere something different and so many opportunities for added activities tied into the various places in view. It's a very refreshing and interesting subject with something new wherever you look... can't be bad.

Julian

·
Premium Member
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Thanks for the comments guys.

Pic today is the main street going the other way sorry the flash declined but at least again it is in focus.

·
Premium Member
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Not being doing much over the winter but now I have been solving the lighting in the narrow gauge room, so our new kitchen has some under unit strip lighting so I purchased something of the same idea, 5 metres long and it has solved the issue, I now have light and am motivated to finish the Porlock layout. In other ways I have done little else and I boxed up one of the Heljan OO9's to send away for repairs but Heljan have no one to send it too!

The other one is the same but I jusrt keep running it so I'll put the boxed one and run it again.

Anyway it is going OK and I have run some trais. needed some track cleaning as well.

Finally I'll get around to some new photos later

·
Premium Member
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
again the back left corner

meanwhile I am determined - well a bit anyway to complete the loco shed, sort of

and a busy seagulls eye view - doubtless looking for a red car to poop on

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
The lighting works really well

The engine shed is coming along nicely.

David

·
Premium Member
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
Thanks for the comments so I'll throw in a couple of images

Bachmann Baldwin tows an L&B coach by Peco, good runners both

Roco deisel with a van train heading for Porlock Weir

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
I like those shots.

I keep thinking you've a lot of ballasting in your future

David

·
Premium Member
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
In the pic above you see the Roco diesel shunter towing a few vans, anyway it has recently disgraced itself and locked up, jammed solid, not had the top off to inspect same anyway MMD would not approve so perhaps it will be dumped at the back of the shed.

Meanwhile I had hoped by now the L&B Baldwin 2-4-2tank would have appeared but not so
Perhaps the double Fairlie - er not yet
Or the small 0-4-0t from Bachmann - keep your patience
or in fact any of the expected OO9 locos

With the Manning Wardle Heljans having some fragility I'll be obliged to take another Bachmann Baldwin but at least (so far) they have been good

·
Premium Member
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
Well not sure what I have done there so I pressed for the posting to see what I got, sure I'll get it right someday, clearly above is at the main station and company headquarters at Porlock with Lyn in charge of a train headed for Lynton.

In the woods out of Porlock

181 - 196 of 196 Posts