Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
QUOTE (37197 @ 16 May 2007, 08:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've started stocking up on Aidan Cambell figures they need painting to finish off, loads of character to these figures and they look superb when they're finished, also Dapol, Langely and PD Marsh do some useful figures, imo the HO figures do look too small especially when up against proper OO figures, I've had some Bachmann Preiser figures up against their HO figures and the difference is big, the HO ones look like umpa lumpa's

Heres a comparison between a Bachmann OO figure and a Noch HO

Aidan Campbell

Langley

PD Marsh

Thank you for putting up the link to Aidan Cambell figures as I had never heard of them.
Especially wanted different types/poses of loco crew from the run of the mill ones and I see he has a great list available.

I like the Preiser figures and find their sitting figures fit better when sitting people in 00 scale coaches.The "bums" on the 00 scale sitting figures are just too big to fit even with much liposuction!!

I was able to aquire several sets of Monty white metal figures which have good poses.
Biggest problem...finding the time to concenrtate and paint them!!
Maybe tomorrow............

·
Registered
107 Posts
QUOTE (alastairq @ 16 May 2007, 18:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>what sort of paint do you lot generally use for painting figures?

plus, any special techniques?

I like Tamiya acrylic paints [which dry quickly] but it is a matter of ones own choice.Any acrylic paints would do.There are many makers.
I never did like the old Humbrol oil based paints which took ages to dry.I am not up to date with Humbrol modern paints.They probably have acrylics nowadays.
They say it it a good idea to paint the whole figure flat black and overpaint colours from there.There have been some very good figure painting articles in the past magazines.
Maybe somebody out there has details of them on hand.
Try Googling for it,one never knows what you can up with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.