Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Anybody point me in the right direction regards diesel crew,
got a a few loco's without drivers thought maybe hornby /bachmann would have released figures for people to detail there loco's,
had a look @ noch/preisner but they look to european with the peak caps

just starting to learn the detailing skills so they aint very good yet

cheers alex

·
Registered
495 Posts
QUOTE (pistonbroke @ 17 Aug 2008, 07:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Anybody point me in the right direction regards diesel crew,
got a a few loco's without drivers thought maybe hornby /bachmann would have released figures for people to detail there loco's,
had a look @ noch/preisner but they look to european with the peak caps

just starting to learn the detailing skills so they aint very good yet

cheers alex
Montys Model Railways -Dart Castings produce an early diesel driver in white metal.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
The benefits of a loco crew are obvious where steam locos are involved, but I am unsure about diesel/electric locos. Out on the track they look fine, but only going in one direction, when running "backwards" the crew is at the wrong end! Also in sidings/on shed a crew is a bit over the top, yes a driver is needed to bring it off shed, but not when the loco is stationary, as most will be. Steam loco crews can be taken off but not so other types of loco. In the end it comes down to personal taste, with pros and cons on both sides.
Greg H

·
Registered
41 Posts
QUOTE (Greg H @ 8 Nov 2008, 13:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The benefits of a loco crew are obvious where steam locos are involved, but I am unsure about diesel/electric locos. Out on the track they look fine, but only going in one direction, when running "backwards" the crew is at the wrong end! Also in sidings/on shed a crew is a bit over the top, yes a driver is needed to bring it off shed, but not when the loco is stationary, as most will be. Steam loco crews can be taken off but not so other types of loco. In the end it comes down to personal taste, with pros and cons on both sides.
Greg H

take your point ,never thought about it logically
cheers greg

·
Registered
737 Posts
I guess you could say the same thing about passengers in coaches. Fine when a train is moving or in a station, but when parked in a carriage siding they are out of place.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
QUOTE (alastairq @ 18 Aug 2008, 19:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>don't forget the olefactory airs?

the pong of spilt diesel?

You are obviously writing of diesel-electrics! Diesel-Hydraulics suffer no such problems.
Greg H.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts