Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
The hated (by the Midland former staff) GCR was broken into several bits in the late fifties and south from Sheffield more or less went to the LMR, north of that went to the North Eastern a few bits stayed with the Eastern whilst Lancashire went into the LMR. some parts over the Wirral might have been put into the GWR.

so the signal box at East Leake was a wooden version of the GCR Bachman model and the same size, most of the station was at the time of closure mostly white/cream with some maroon esp roof uprights and doors although colour photos are rare.

The goods shed is the one in the GCR set exactly but behind it sat the provender store on blocks to keep the rodents out, someone does a copy of this or similar and I have one for my Ashby on the Hill station.

Sorry this is such a poor photo but all I have of the provender store on the left and out of shot is the goods shed signal box is also partly in shot

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
I see you are using the Metcalfe box which is not far off really as this is a CLC (Cheshire Lines C'tee box) and hence MS&L/GCR in design and these designs were taken by Allport when he left the MSL to become General Manager of the Midland.
The station would have curved platforms mostly although East Leake seems to have been less curved than others, there should be a ramp down to the road under and an open area on the platform to allow light to get down there.

This shows the ramp/steps cover and is again part of the Bachman set.

This one shows how the set is laid out for a London Extension station goods shed in the far distance.

Other end of the station in the background the signal box with brick base part of the GCR set East Leake was just the same but with a timber base a dirty cream/white in the late sixties.

sorry it will not paste - grrrrr!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts