Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
As part of the National Garden Railway Convention there was a layout tour each day for a total of 70 garden layouts that you could visit. Some even had several layouts at a single location. The quality of the layouts were fantastic as each one had to be approved.

The question I have is this. Are layout tours done in the UK, Europe and Australia as part of a convention? Has anyone been a part of or hosted a stop one one of these tours? What was your experience?

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Unfortunately I do not think any of these have been run in Melbourne. Clubs have open days and occaisionally there are open garden days where you have a similar format to the convention you are talking about, however I have not seen one specific to model rail. It would be a good idea though.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Layout tours were a feature of SAG in South Africa. Our club never had a home, as it moved from house to house each month. SAG standing for saturday afternoon group. You certainly saw some fantastic layouts, some inovative ideas. No I don't think this type of thing is done in the UK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts