Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Italian company OS.KAR released their first loco model
:
A limited edition (400 models) of FS D341.1017. This first loco of the 2nd series had a paint scheme different to the series locos. I think they did a great job with this model. All wheel drive, 5 pole can motor, two large brass flywheels, nice photoetched parts on the roof, directional lighting, DCC ready, all metal handrails factory fitted. Price app. 80 pound.

Thomas

·
Registered
111 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 24 Oct 2007, 08:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>looks very nice. do you have any more details about the manufacturer? where can we buy one? whats their next project?

Peter

I bought this model from Tecnomodel-treni.it
International mail order from this shop is possible. If you order soon or pre-order they have discount prices - I paid just 120 Euro for this model. My experience with them is fine, fast service, well protected parcel.
The model in this livery is now sold out but the locos in the series livery (which is similar) should follow soon.
Thomas

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Looks very, very nice - if I could run one on SL (& there are limits, even with modellers licence) I would want one.

Any idea's where it's made ?

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Yes very nice loco indeed.

But couldn't understand the metal studs or whatever on top of the grill. Are they something functional? If not, gives the loco a kind of odd appearance.

Baykal

·
In depth idiot
7,662 Posts
That's a very good price judging only by the looks of the product. what are the running qualities like? Couldn't quickly find a web site for OS.KAR (Ferroviaire) but the search did turn up some stockists carrying quite a range of wagons from this maker.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (34C @ 24 Oct 2007, 13:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>what are the running qualities like? Couldn't quickly find a web site for OS.KAR (Ferroviaire) but the search did turn up some stockists carrying quite a range of wagons from this maker.

I have not fitted the loco with a decoder yet but what I learned from Italian forums there are issues with the running on DCC with this models.

The website seems to be in its first steps.......
Thomas

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Certainly looks like a very nicely finished model and the price seems very reasonable as well. Funnily enough the cab front reminds me of the old Metro-Vick co-bos.

QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 24 Oct 2007, 08:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>if I could run one on SL (& there are limits, even with modellers licence) I would want one.

Yes I think an Italian diesel in deepest Belgium might be pushing it a bit far.....

Regards

·
Registered
233 Posts
QUOTE Any idea's where it's made ?

I think that it another Gala production from Guangdong province but I base that on the fact that much of the small production from LS/Heris etc. is sourced from this manufacturer. OS.Kar made a nice long bogie FS van with roller doors for Ep4/5, very similar to the KMB product.

Maybe Winco?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi,

Very good looking loko with reasonable price tag. Details already fitted is a plus.

I bought many models from technomodel-treni, superb service - shipping might seem a bit high but certainly worth it (you'll receive your order professionally packed with bubble-bag + styrofoam) once the package leaves the shop it arrives fast too.

Do you know if these guys plan on 3 rail models?

Regards,

Cem.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (cem tekin @ 25 Oct 2007, 15:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do you know if these guys plan on 3 rail models?

Cem, I think 3 rail models in the near future are unlikely as in Italy 3 rail is much less common than 2 rail because the traditional Italian companies Lima and Rivarossi favored 2 rail.

Thomas

1 - 13 of 13 Posts