Model Railway Forum banner
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,007 Posts
For 34c I mention elsewhere I have a builders plate for an N7, it is numbered 9631 and says built 1925 at Gorton works, if that is a replacement plate as it was originally 475 and was renumbered in 1947 to become 9631, initially new to Stratford then allocated to Hatfield in 1954 it stayed until January 1961 when it left for Top Shed but lasted less than 3 weeks when withdrawn for scrap, so I gotta have one that carries this number and I am still waiting for a late BR N7. Come on Oxford - or am I out of touch again?

·
In depth idiot
7,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
... I am still waiting for a late BR N7. Come on Oxford - or am I out of touch again?
Yes!
... latest acquisition, the 'bulled up' late crest version, 69670...
And you are in luck, as the late crest model of 69670 is in the same N7/5 class part as 69631 when carrying late crest. It will need some detail work:
covering the 'bulled up' touches, a little black paint is all that's required;
the addition of a 34C plate and smokebox numberplate as the numbers are printed directly on the smokebox door;
removal of any surplus parts (such as the westinghouse pump for a start, not found on Hatfield allocated locos) to match photos;
the front coupling is awkwardly mounted but fixable, see earlier posts

I have been very pleased with all three of the N7's I have bought, and this last one the best of the lot: the smooth and silent operation of the first two after running in, was delivered straight out of the box. I feel you will like it, heavy thanks to a largely diecast body structure, and the good track manners you value.

·
Premium Member
6,007 Posts
Just looked at Hattons they have 2 versions of 69670 and these are the embellished models, I was hoping for a nice plain dirty weathered loco, perhaps I ask too much. £98 for the pretty loco and some other number for one with digital sound.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts