Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've been rebuilding this from a rather poor earlier build (which was by me).

After a strip back using Modelstrip and removal of the glazing, it's had new footsteps (Evergreen strip, with brass for the more vulnerable ones), replacement brake gear (using the Mainly Trains LNER vacuum braked stock etch) wire handrails instead of the moulded ones and a detailed roof. I've also braced the sides to prevent them distorting, though I've only ever had problems with the smaller vans doing that.

The main reason for highlighting it here is that I've had the correct transfers made up for it and wanted to let others know they are available. They are made by John Peck (Precision Labels) and are waterslide. If I can get enough orders together they're £2.50 a set with your choice of tare weight and running numbers.

This is a bit of a shameless plug, as I'm trying to get mine cheaper, but if it helps anyone else make a better model then so much the better. Please PM me for details if you're interested.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bumped as John Peck currently has a surplus of these, plus BR era in yellow and white, to sell off at £1 per set. A set includes enough to do 3 sides of a vehicle (so you can mess one up without tears!).

He has the following:

"CCT#","TARE","Type"
"1242","15-7-3","NE White"
"1245","15-4-0","NE White"
"1248","15-6-3","NE White"
"1254","15-7-1","NE White"
"1256","15-2-6","NE White"
"1263","15-3-5","NE White"
"1265","15-4-8","NE White"
"E1267E","15-5-6","BR Yellow"
"E1269E","15-8-0","BR Yellow"
"E1285E","15-6-3","BR Yellow"
"E1300E","15-7-1","BR Yellow"
"E1330E","15-7-0","BR Yellow"
"E1355E","15-7-0","BR Yellow"
"E1324E","15-0-0","BR White"
"E1348E","15-0-0","BR White"

Those last two do not have the line about the Mersey docks. The NE ones have "LLCK", BR all have the "CCT©" instead.

If interested please contact John directly at www.precisionlabels.com or [email protected]

I have no connection other than as a satisfied customer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, Geoff, I don't get over here much these days. They were used mainly for parcels traffic though as they had end doors they could be used for transporting vehicles or long/awkward loads (theatrical scenery and the like).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts