Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Passengers on a train in India were asked to get out and push when it became stranded in a "deadzone" in the overhead supply line. You can read the full story here on the BBC

David

·
Registered
436 Posts
I wonder how many it took? They probably could'nt wait for Marklin to set up some model haulage!

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
It's not the first time! Tom Rolt in 'Railway Adventure', about his involvement in the Tallylyn railway, recounts occassions when trains were moved by their passengers. This was elaborated on in the film 'The Titfield Thunderbolt', where not only do the passengers push the train, but also end up taking water from a stream to the loco when rivals to the railway sabotage the water tower.

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
882 Posts
When I worked for ICOBS one of the overnight sleepers had an extra locomotive put onto the front
An observant tourist, of the American variety, promptly blurted out, "Blimey we've just come down from Inverness and now they are going to put even more muscle at the front"
To that I answered, "No, the driver doesn't know how to the drive they loco they provided, so they managed to find this smaller diesel loco that he does know and that will add about an hour to our journey"
"Oh darn, so why are does each loco have its own driver now?"
"That's because the driver at the front is blind and driver in the other loco knows the route"
"Sounds sensible"
eeeek!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts