Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all

Please could anybody help , i have a gaugemaster pcu1 , and have wired peco points to them as shown on the gaugemaster instructions , but if i switch between c1 c2 and c3 all the points on that swich work , allthough they all have seprate commoms to the right terminals , i have the dioeds as shown on the gaugemaster insturctiuons , what am i doing wrong ? , the motors i am using are normall peco motors , please could anybody give me a diagram , please

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi chris

Thats what i have done , but switching between c1 c2 and c3 , operates all points on that switch , in one go , it does not seem to mater to much where c1 c c3 are switched ?

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
There is only 3 commons , that is one common for each set of 6 point switches , i have been looking on the net for the past two hours and one post saids that the diodes should be mounted acrost the coils as the gm instructions show sleep motors and not peco standard motors , i am getting confused ...many thnks

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Chris

Thank you so much for all your time and help , if only eveybody was as helpfull as your good-self , i now know wha i have done wrong i was puting the diode out the back then joing another one in series , hence i was getting back current to the diode in line , i have now made a block of diodes that all end up at the gauge master end on all seprate circuts and it works fne , i do think the instructions need to be re-written for the gaugemaster , thank you so much for all your help and hope to see you at a show one day , many thanks to you chris , have a great day .........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.