Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We have 2 single slips (code 55) which we need to sort out the point motors and frog switching on. Having looked at the Peco point motors and microswitches (PL10 and PL15) this works out at about £20 a slip.

We already have several Hornby point motors which worked well on a previous N Gauge layout, but obviously don't have the ability to control the polarity of the frog.

Is there a switch that would enable both the operation of the point and also the frog polarity?

Can the PL15's be fitted to the Hornby point motors as this would cut down the cost per slip)?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
762 Posts
QUOTE (Raider @ 28 Oct 2008, 21:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi,

We have 2 single slips (code 55) which we need to sort out the point motors and frog switching on. Having looked at the Peco point motors and microswitches (PL10 and PL15) this works out at about £20 a slip.

We already have several Hornby point motors which worked well on a previous N Gauge layout, but obviously don't have the ability to control the polarity of the frog.

Is there a switch that would enable both the operation of the point and also the frog polarity?

Can the PL15's be fitted to the Hornby point motors as this would cut down the cost per slip)?

Thanks in advance

I have found Seep to be fairly reliable and definitely bullet proof as I ran them on 28v for many years. They do have to be correctly aligned to get the polarity switching right and N guage would have finer tolerances so accuracy on installation would be the go. I think they are about &4 each. I always located them with semi dry contact glue so they could be adjusted slightly and then the screws added to firm up the location when the glue has set them in the right spot. Personally though I'd bin all the solenoids and fit tortoises..a real engineer solution at probably not much more cost than that ill assorted bunch of bits that peco supply. Never did figure out how to assemble all the Peco bits properly
regards, Andrew

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Andrew,

I'll have a look at the Seep point motors as £8 a slip does sound a lot better than £20.

Is there a specific model number that we should look for?

Cheers

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts