Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one of these today for Porlock my OO9 layout, so I have a collection of various OO9 locos and this is the latest. In fact I was at the big show in Shepton Mallet and talked with the Peco sales manager Steve and he mentioned how good he thought this model is. I said I had never seen one and he pointed across the way and a stand did indeed have such a thing, so I coffed up the necessary £135 for the item.

OK it is red not green so I did ask they produce a green one - well maybe next year.

So I got it home and unpacked it and promptly lost the front coupling, no idea where that went - it's an escape artist, any way it went on the track and was very quiet, the Bachman double Fairlie hums a bit but this was mouse like without any eek eek!, it also ran quite quickly and towed a decent load straight from the box.

Steve was obviously pleased with the model and told me it was worth a punt.

Anyway that was a good steer so it joins the Double Fairlee and the Baldwin RODs as really useful engines. Just a shame about the Heljans.

Photo to follow soon

·
Premium Member
6,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did find the front coupling it had landed and then hidden itself under a tiny tree - the cheeky chappie, anyway has been pulling loads as well in reverse now (chimney's must always point uphill.

·
Premium Member
6,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the coupling rods and crank fell off on one side being evident there is a tiny, very tiny plastic pin holding it in place, as I looked at it the other side then fell out, bit poor this bit of engineering, and it was not roughly handled

1 - 4 of 4 Posts