It is not widely known that Peco have been working on a new track system for modellers of American railroads.
"83 Line" is a range of model track and turnouts for modellers of North American model railroads that incorporate all the features seen on the prototype. Reference was made to the A.R.E.A. (American Railway Engineering Association) drawings and all the latest N.M.R.A standards were adhered to, ensuring full compatibility with all currently available models. Plans for these new products were created using the very latest in CADCAM technology, resulting in a range of products produced to the very highest standard, as expected from PECO.
The key features to note are as follows:
• Choice of Insulfrog or Electrofrog turnouts, either system being entirely suitable for DCC-controlled layouts
• Over-centre spring for a positive throw, with a new and improved tie-bar
• Fine scale track spikes (rail fixings)
• Correct tie (sleeper) spacing
• Turnouts described by their frog angle (#5, #6, etc.)
• All-nickel silver rail parts, including the guard (check) rails
• Code 83 rail
The is also a new Inspection Pit kit available with code 83 rail to compliment this new range.
This range has been under development for a year, and should be arriving in your model shop or hobby store about now. It represents the pinnacle of model railway track standards to date and will be welcomed by modellers of North American railroads across the globe.
There is more information about this new track system at the Peco website below:-
Peco Model Railways