Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Now I am confused.
I can see the drawing by Expat ( Trevor) on Post #6 but cannot see Richard's drawing on post#8.

Richard, can you either re-post it or send it to me direct please? You have my e-mail.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Trevor, I do have Adobe Reader but I do not see the attachemnet on Richards' post but I have seen on other topics, attachments but not this topic.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Got it now ,thanks Steve.

Richard, you have too many things going at the same time - you will clean yourself up one day

Good circuit. A question though.

With the LED power supply being connected one side to the frog, this means that all friogs on the layout are connected via the power supply - would this affect any sections in DCC protected by auto overloads or cause any degredation of control signals as each point adds a resistance of about 1K across the track power & actually puts the LED power across the track via the LED not alight?

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Looking at Richard's circuit a bit more, if we assume the point as shown is straight through meaning green frog is joined to pink rail & on another point being set to the branch means gren frgog is joined to yellow rail, thus in having the LED power supply going to the frogs & being commoned to all points, in this situation of the 2 points as I descibe, I see a short circuit across the track : red rail - green frog - LED power common - green frog- yellow rail & the connections are via point motor accessory switch.

Am I wrong ?

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Thanks Richard - yes the concept of a small relay with 2 changeovers - one for frog switching & one for LED's to me is the better way.

Common return is OK but this circuit has common frogs which has different results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.