Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi have any of you had a go at installing gear cogs to a Peco turntable I dont want to electricaly power the turntable as you cant seem to stop the turtable in the exact position if anyone has some pictures that would be a great help .

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
I did this some years ago. I don't have it any more as I gave it away when I realised that I didn't really have room for it on a new layout. It was all done with Mecanno parts. I screwed or glued a gear wheel under the centre of the turntable so that it could take an axle. This lead through the base to another gear wheel. This was turned by a worm gear which was on another perpendicular axle leading to a cranked handle at the edge of the baseboard.

I didn't find it too difficult. Give it a try. Cheers, Robert.

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Hi robs on the job,

Done a bit of searching and found this turntable using meccano gears although it is motorised, a crank system could replace the motor http://www.tcsdcc.com/decoderpics/peco/turntable.html

A search on ebay may prove fruitful in your search for gears under 'meccano gears' i found several suitable sets which could be used.

·
Registered
56 Posts
QUOTE (robs on the job @ 22 Jun 2008, 17:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi have any of you had a go at installing gear cogs to a Peco turntable I dont want to electricaly power the turntable as you cant seem to stop the turtable in the exact position if anyone has some pictures that would be a great help .

Hello Rob,
This subject was covered in another thread a couple of weeks ago.
Peco Turntable

HTH,
John.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts