Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
I got my free CD rom the other day with my CM delivery. It comes with both CM and RM. They are doing two of these this year; one with the November issue and one with December's. I wondered if they are feeling the heat from the new competition?

The CD does have some good film clips of layouts; a steam one, a diesel one and a continental. Also some how to demonstrations on card modelling and rail detailing ,and a good article about South West Digital and their range of Loksound Decoders with authentic British sounds. There were some good garden layouts too.

Personally I like these DVD's and find some of the layouts inspiring, I also like the DCC stuff and the article on the Jurassic coast although I thought the average modeller may not be interested as it has nothing to do with model rail.

I just wondered what the other forum members thought about the give away discs? Good, bad, indifferent?

I have to say that the Swiss layout on the disc has probably convinced me to spend a lot of money that I hadn't been thinking about spending before.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
They are OK, but being only CDs, I sense they are given away as, in effect, 'trailers' for the £10 DVD Peco sell. Now if Peco were to give away the DVD......
Regards,
John

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
make good mats....and help to reflect back those ultra bright headlights on the roads....I string them along the dash top, shiny side out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I thought they were quite good, like you said Neil, I found some of the things quite inspirational.

Not on a big scale but more little things that I thought I could add to my layouts.
All in all a nice little bonus.

Its something you don't get every month and very nice of them to do so - IMHO anyway!

Alex

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Avionyx @ 28 Nov 2007, 09:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I thought they were quite good, like you said Neil, I found some of the things quite inspirational.

Not on a big scale but more little things that I thought I could add to my layouts.
All in all a nice little bonus.

Its something you don't get every month and very nice of them to do so - IMHO anyway!

Alex
That was pretty much my thoughts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts