Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,275 Posts
I have 5 Bachmann A-1's, North British in BR Blue which I just got the other day, WP Allen in Apple green with British railways on the tender, Kestrel in BR Green, Great Central in BR green and Aberdonian in BR Green. When was Foxhunter? released and how did I miss it as I thought I had them all.

Ozzie21

QUOTE (davidw @ 3 Feb 2007, 10:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Okay

60114 - 60129 Flush cab/tender sides. Built Doncaster

60130 - 60153 Rivetted cab tender sides. Built Darlington

60154 - 60161 Flush cab/tender sides.Built Doncaster

I've 5 A1's they are all excellent includeing Foxhunter.

· Registered
1,275 Posts
Strange that. I actually removed the springs from the front and rear trucks as I found the hauling capacity of the A-1's was a little down on what I expected. By the removing the springs which seem to take a fair bit of the weight I increased the hauling capacity by two or three coaches depending on whose they are and if I've added any weight. I had a similar problem with the V-1 as it's hauling capacity was abysmal on a 1.55 grade, 3 Gresely teaks before it slipped. Now after taking out the springs it can manage six coaches with no problems.

Ozzie21

QUOTE (spongebob @ 4 Feb 2007, 11:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is there anything that can be done to stiffen up the rear pony wheels as they seem to dislike running over points and derail? Is it a matter of putting a heftier spring in to eliminate the problem? Must say I like the Bachmann idea more than the hornby one other than of course the above.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.