Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I'm working on another project and I need some Pictures of Leeds Station Modern If posable ?

I need exterior shots showing the shape of the buildings that make up the station if anyone can help please let me know ?

Pete

·
Registered
763 Posts
There are a few smallish images on google and there used to be a decent aerial shot too. Try a few variations on the name and a few more come up too (better for leeds station than leeds railway station). I've never tried photoing there as it strikes me as one of those places where they wouldn't be too friendly about it especially given the platform access is like going through airport customs.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Re photography on railway stations - there has been much about this in the Railway Magazine. They report that readers are having problems in many parts of the UK. The ATOC (Association of Train Operating Companies) has agreed guidelines for enthusiasts visiting stations and particularly wishing to take photos. There is a link to these from the British Transport Police site www.btp.police.uk/railenthusiasts.hmtl which can be printed out and carried with you. Main points are that photos must be only for private use, and at the larger stations you should write in advance to the station manager/supervisor giving them notice of your intention of visiting. At all staffed stations you should make yourself and your intentions known to the senior manager as soon as you arrive.
If any staff, including BTP officers, insist you leave the station they must (under Railway Byelaw 24(3)) give you their name; you can then make a formal complaint to the TOC running that station.

What a difference to my trainspotting days in the late 1950s/early 60s!
Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I've had a look at the ATOC website, but was unable to find any mention of the Guidelines there! Much of their site is only accessible to registered users which may mean it's hidden away somewhere. So the BTP site seems to be the most accessible public place. As the Railway Magazine points out, it also means a printout of the Guidelines carries the BTP logo to give more credence to it. (The Railway Magazine is always interested to hear of examples of people either finding the Guidelines work or still getting thrown off stations despite following the guidelines.)
Regards,
John Webb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts