Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,

as you will see and has been widely discussed on the German forum http://www.drehscheibe-online.de there are very few really new models which are not variations of existing models. To be precise there are seven for H0: The three SNCF Corail coaches, the three silver suburban coaches of the DB and the five-car articulated double-deck train of the DR, which at EUR 399,- equates to EUR 79,80 per Coach which is a bit on the expensive side for me. I am not at all sure about TT and there are the V60 diesel and three three-axle coaches in G scale.

Personally I am a bit disappointed on one side but also feel a bit reliefed that at least Piko will not attack my model railway budget too much in 2009.

Kind regards

Christoph

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I think that this shows the state of the world economy.

Piko have done nothing that the rest of the manufacturers don't do, a few new models and a whole heap of repaints.

Still some nice bits in there, but nothing that leaps out and says buy me for by Wurttemberg DRG branch line.

John

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sorry to disagree but I thought it was quite a surprising and bold move by Piko.

Seven new models in HO, a major coup of a V60 in G plus support for TT with a BR151 for less than 60Eu for a minority player, that really is a good effort.

Don't worry about your branchline in Wuerttemberg, the lack of new models will give you the opportunity to build rather than buy something?

·
Registered
296 Posts
It's still 11 pages of new stuff to be fair

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Although not a TT modeller the price of the ICE seems very reasonable.

Overall I think it's a sensible offering with the state of businesses in Euope and elsewhere.

Regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts