Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked them up off flea-bay...

From what I've read, they're based on 1950's prototypes. Still need to find some more info on them...

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The coaches finally arrived today.

. Only a couple of problems to sort out. First being the wheels need a bit of attension to get them to run free and smooth. The second is, one of the articulated couplings is broken and will need fixing.

Apart from that, both sets are in reasonable used condition. All I need now is a suitable loco to haul them...

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Al @ 21 Jan 2008, 19:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Only a couple of problems to sort out. First being the wheels need a bit of attension to get them to run free and smooth.

Thinking back to my n-gauge days I seem to remember that a lot of the Piko stock had wheels made from some sort of ally/mazdak & never would run well at all - you could clean them & they collected dirt worse than plastic ones - I replaced mine, but I cannot remember where I got the replacements.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
There are always lots of modern replacement wheelsets on Ebay. Replaced all mine that way. Just search for Piko N. A set of 10 will cost you 5.90 € with postage of 2,10 € on a Buy it Now.
A suitable loco would be the Piko DR65. The Brawa version would be much better.
There's a review in German on the Test & Technik page of this website http://www.n-bahn.info/index.htm (I bablefished it and it nearly nade sense lol)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As luck would have it, I've got a Piko BR65 sat right here. It should look k after a bit of weathering to tone down the red frames and wheels...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts