Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Does anybody have a view on the use of Piko A system track. Is it worth buying in the UK?

Many thanks

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
As far as I know Piko track is code 80 and is not compatible with Hornby nor Peco Settrack which is code 100.
Fishplates won't match. However there are conversion fishplates available.

Baykal

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote name='S&D' date='14 Oct 2007, 09:50' post='37254']
Hi

Does anybody have a view on the use of Piko A system track. Is it worth buying in the UK?

Many thanks

Thanks for your comment. I think I might have to research this further.

·
Registered
233 Posts
If it is code 80, then it will be OK to use with Peco Code 75. It does require the use of Piko turnout motors but the modern product has little connection with the old pre-90 Piko track.

Try a turnout, it seems cheap enough.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (72C @ 14 Oct 2007, 18:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If it is code 80, then it will be OK to use with Peco Code 75. It does require the use of Piko turnout motors but the modern product has little connection with the old pre-90 Piko track.

Try a turnout, it seems cheap enough.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes,

They were a combine of about seven disparate manufacturers prior to 1990. After reunification, the group split into its various constituent members with varying degrees of success. Piko is the largest of the post'90 group and has a good reputation for excellent rolling stock (their post '90 production is truly excellent) but this is not surprising. During the DDR years, the enthusiasts were encouraged to engage with Piko to produce the most 'wanted' vehicles and Piko had access to prototype information hence many of their '70 and '80 models were very accurate (though coaches were shortened for toy track curves). Piko's moulding technique was above average for the period.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts