Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
There are plenty of books / magazines that offer plans, usually drawn to scale for Railway buildings (stations, signal boxes, line side huts, goods sheds and many more) but I can't find much on non-railway structures - houses, farms, factories, churches etc. So far I've managed a few photos with a basic note of dimensions myself and I've collected a few from various railway modelling magazines. My query is therefore "does anyone have a shortcut source for these type of buildings" so that I can do some scratch building occasionally without having to embark on a field trip first.
Modelling the period 1947 - 1955 it is not always possible to find the original, unaltered structure anyway and if you live a fair distance away, or even abroad, certainly not straightfoward. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
There's a Derek Bidwell advertising regularly in 'Railway Modeller'. He's had a book published a few years ago by the Historical Model Railway Society although it deals with 'historical' buildings. But his website might be worth trying out:
www.modeldrawings.org

Hope this is of help,
John Webb

1 - 2 of 2 Posts