Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm ever so slightly new here (I filled in my registration about 2 mins ago). I'm currently in the planning stages of building a OO gauge model. Currently I am considering my options for various bits and pieces and one of the bits that I have not been very successful in finding information about modeling point rodding.

Has anyone got any ideas or experience?

Thanks allot.

Simon

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
I have a kit from Model Signal Engineering bought at Railex 2006 but so far unused, I haven't got that far. It's purely cosmetic. You can get to the Model Signal Engineering website using this link.

I know that some of the companies who do ranges of brass etched components include pulley wheels, cranks etc. in their ranges. Unfortunately I can't remember their names. Browse sites such as Carrs and you might come across them.

I took this photo last May to give me a reference when I finally get round to installing them

David

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
>Brassmasters
That's the chaps I was thinking of. Their rodding runner holders are far more sophisticated than the MSE ones

David

·
Paul Hamilton aka "Lancashire Fusilier"
844 Posts
Late reply - apologies!

In the photo here, I take it the pulleys are control of signals and the cranks run the points is that right?

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Lancashire Fusil...
That's quite correct. Signals return to 'Danger' under their own weight, but points need to be pushed and pulled, hence the need for rigid rodding and a limit of 350 yards for manual operation.

Regards,
John Webb

PS Anyone have any objections to asking Doug to move this topic to the new Signalling Sub-Forum?

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
>PS Anyone have any objections to asking Doug to move this topic to the new Signalling Sub-Forum?
Sounds like a good plan to me.

Is it possible to associate a gallery with a Sub Forum? If it is, I am prepared to upload my photos which have signalling detail in them.

David.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts