Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think it was in Mission Impossible 2 where Tom Cruise fights with someone on the roof of a Eurostar supposedly on a jouney from London to Paris.

Of course if he had done so, he would have been incinerated and/or torn apart by the OHLE.

The scene was actually filmed between Blackford LC and Gleneagles Station, on the mainline from Stirling to Perth, where there is no OHLE and there is no Third Rail. I think they used a Sprinter then replaced it with the Eurostar using CGI etc.

The scene ends at the point where the train approaches the bridge just south of Gleneagles Station - most convenient.

·
Registered
77 Posts
QUOTE (Jennings @ 4 Jan 2006, 15:00)I remember hearing on Video Track 40 something as they had a scene with a 33 and a 4TC set saying it had been used for the filming of Mission Impossible. Was that it?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to admit I'm not sure. Now that you mention it, I can't even be sure if the scene with the Eurostar was in Mission Impossible or M.I. 2?

However it's extremely doubtful if a Class 33 would be in the Sc.R.

Someone else might know more. I got the info. about the Sprinter from a friend who's a Driver at Perth M.P.D. Having been a Driver, I recognised the line while watching the film on TV, and so I asked him what he knew about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.