Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
In Young Winston the loco was clearly a 48/14XX - you see the 0-4-2 wheel arrangement clearly where the driver tried to run for it! The location could well be NYMR, stone buildings and wall in evidence.

Gary, to be a complete pedant, I think the second loco in 102 Dalmatians was a Standard 5 - Bluebell Railway?

Ghandi had some good railway scenes as well.....

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
I have to admit I love the inconsistences in films - I remember a Sean Connery Bond film ("From Russia With Love"?) which featured half a dozen different classes (mostly British) on a single train....

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
The scenes from Golden Eye were also filmed on the Nene Valley Railway, they seem to have the knack of attracting film companies. I was involved in the filming of "Secret Army" there (our dear old De Glehn compound was the main star) which was one of the first series shot there.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Having finally had a chance to sit down and watch the Poirot "Train Bleu" I now see that the logo on the loco's tender was a representation of the "TB" logo on the tickets, a sort of octagonal, shirt-button effort!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.