Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Trains featured in several films over the holidays that I watched.

"Young Winston" featured South African SAR railways and had a Class 9F complete with cow catcher fitted at the front. It looked like the North Yorkshire Moors railway. Could not work out what the 0-6-0 was as it was heavily disguised but did look a bit like one of those Southern Railways American tank locomotives used around the south coast during the war with an oil tank wagon on the back.

"101 Dalmations" featured the Simplon-Venice Orient Express with several Pullman coaches and initially it left Waterloo being hauled by 4472 Flying Scotsman but two minutes later the same train was being hauled by a Black 5.

"Lawrence of Arabia" did seem to feature genuine Turkish locomotion however this was all being blown up so I suspect most of it was due for the Turkish equivalent of Barry Scrapyard at the time.

Also watched Poirot as I am a glutton for any drama on a train but dozed off and woke up just a Poirot was revealing who done it. The previous late night was catching up.

Now if they had put "From Russia with Love" or "Von Ryan's Express" on over the holiday they would have had at least one Model Rail Forum viewer also!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
QUOTE Gary, to be a complete pedant, I think the second loco in 102 Dalmatians was a Standard 5 - Bluebell Railway?

You may be right. It only appeared for about 2 seconds and I was more stunned by the fact it was not Flying Scotsman than anything else!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
We clearly have a member who is a scheduler for the BBC and who has read this topic.

"Von Ryans Express" in on BBC1 on Sunday at 20:00 hours. No adverts. Great!

Happy modelling
Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.