Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else watch this tonight and more specifically did anyone get the shedcode on the front of the "French" BR standard pulling the train? Nice of them to paint it into French livery with a French smokebox type number but what a faux pas leaving that on!!

I believe the rolling stock looked like that which I saw at the NRM in York last time i was there.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Talking of bond films does anyone know which railway they filmed the heavily disguised "Russian" class 20 or which loco it was? I think it was in goldeneye but may be wrong. It was definitely a Brosnan one.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Some railway lines seem to be preferred in tv roles and get a lot of work. My local line the KWVR has a good pedigree, aside from the obvious one the railway children it is also used in Born and Bred and the DMU was vinyled up for an episode of Frost which is also filmed in numerous places around where i work.

As for the matter of films getting railway scenes correct i suppose the majority of people couldn't tell the difference between an SNCF loco or a BR standard anyway. Its only the same as films like top gun with the "soviet" MIG fighters being nothing other than US air force trainer aircraft or Nazi military convoys full of GMC trucks and half tracks all duly protected by a division of Patton tanks!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.