Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Smokeyone. the initial idea was to sell them with an OL49 but following a rather offensive price increase from Markits this project is no longer viable (it was going to cost £30 just for the driving wheels!!). about 6 months ago David posted this thread http://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index...?showtopic=3700 and we are investigating the possibility of using their wheels and so it might yet come to fruition but for the moment its on a back burner.

The 2 end coaches will be sold RTR in poland through the wolztyn experience together with a model of the prarie tank that has/will be running with them. at the moment i really dont know what will happen to the intermediate coaches. i will do a couple for myself.

The 2 end coaches were completed from my point of view and will be painted over the next week. the transfers should arrive and day now and they will be delivered to theWolztyn experience sometime early next week.

This is another project that has had a very long history. the artwork for the intermediate was started about 3 years ago. but following a parting of the ways it got put on a back burner. when i became involved with that company i was intreagued buy the little polish coach tucked up in the corner. after enquiring about it almost continuously for about 6 months it became my pet project and its now all but finished from my point of view.

Peter

·
Registered
138 Posts
I could have my wires crossed but I did hear of an OL49 kit that cost around £1000 ! Saw an advert for it in a european magazine with a polish address. Should think that sales were very slow.

QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 30 Jan 2008, 06:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello Smokeyone. the initial idea was to sell them with an OL49 but following a rather offensive price increase from Markits this project is no longer viable (it was going to cost £30 just for the driving wheels!!). about 6 months ago David posted this thread http://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index...?showtopic=3700 and we are investigating the possibility of using their wheels and so it might yet come to fruition but for the moment its on a back burner.

The 2 end coaches will be sold RTR in poland through the wolztyn experience together with a model of the prarie tank that has/will be running with them. at the moment i really dont know what will happen to the intermediate coaches. i will do a couple for myself.

The 2 end coaches were completed from my point of view and will be painted over the next week. the transfers should arrive and day now and they will be delivered to theWolztyn experience sometime early next week.

This is another project that has had a very long history. the artwork for the intermediate was started about 3 years ago. but following a parting of the ways it got put on a back burner. when i became involved with that company i was intreagued buy the little polish coach tucked up in the corner. after enquiring about it almost continuously for about 6 months it became my pet project and its now all but finished from my point of view.

Peter

·
Registered
138 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 30 Jan 2008, 13:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its all etched brass.

The artwork for the intermediate coach was basically done. i modified it for the end cars and designed the interior. got it etched and hay-presto!

Peter

Etched brass, thanks, must look up tech details of how it's done. I did have visions of you
cutting out windows with a fretsaw.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Peter,

Are these the ones you had with you at Chatham last year?

Regards

·
garage hobbit&#33;&#33;&#33;
1,715 Posts
Looking good as always Peter, how are the SJ's doing, got any more up to date pics?

Brian

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Here was the last picture before the 2 end cars were sent to poland.

We need to check the shade of paint against the real thing and there are a couple more tweaks to the tool before production.

this is a test build so please dont point out the dodgey roof vents or all the roof details that dissapeared under the paint!

Peter

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Thankyou for the complements. I may well do another batch for myself and i keep thinking about doing the push pull set with the more streamlined end. this time just as a small project for myself.

For those of you who are interested, this set is featured in this months Hornby Magazine.

Peter

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Hello there

When I took on this project the idea was that they were to be low cost kits so the polish could afford them.

With the completion of the design, my involvement came to an end but i was also frankly astonished to see the price.

The first I heard about it was when it was published in Hornby magazine. I had a couple of customers lined up for them but there is no way they will pay that price.

I feel a little cheesed of over the way this project turned out.

Peter

P.S. out of interest, where did the £750 for a 4 car set quote come from?

·
Registered
89 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 15 Apr 2008, 10:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>P.S. out of interest, where did the £750 for a 4 car set quote come from?

I read the article in the Hornby magazine and then rang the contact number given. They quoted £375 for a 2 coach set but indicated 4 coach would be available at price of £750.

I coughed a bit and went into a darkened room to recover from the shock!

David

1 - 20 of 22 Posts