Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have just started a topic on my layout in the Tracks, Layouts & Scenery section and have done 5 posts but all have become one long one why is that,is there something wrong as i don't understand whay it's happened like that.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Do i have to wait a length of time to make them seperate posts as i manged to get two seperate after waiting like 26 mins to post again but i got fed up of waiting and decided to post the rest as one.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Dynamite, Doug and other mods are not around at the moment, so I'll pop in my two pennorth.

What happened to you shouldn't happen, but it has happened to me just once before.
Frustratingly, we never quite figured out why it happened. If necessary, I am sure one of the mods will be able to sort out your 'continuous' posting and with any luck, it won't happen again. It only happend once in my case and has never repeated itself. Occasionally little one-off glitches occur which can never be completely explained

·
Registered
243 Posts
Could it because i was posting one straight after another post and thats why it was being posted as just one long post,or should it still post them as seperate posts no matter what.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I am on broadband but what happened was once i made my first post in my thread i clicked on add reply to make another post then click add reply again,but it added it to the first post instead of making it a seperate post and it did that again and again and each post was a minute apart from the next one.

So i edited it and deleted the other ones it posted in that post and tried to make another post again and i manged to make a seperate post from the first one but only after 26 minutes of trying to post it, and when i tried to make another post it did it again in the second post i made but then someone else posted so i deleted the other posts it put in there and made another post so i put the rest in that one as i didn't want to wait to post the rest of them incase it did it again.

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
I think it's happened to me once. You make a post, realise you want to add a few more lines so you add another reply and then "hey presto" you have one post not too. I don't think the timeout needs to be quite as long as 26 minutes.

David

Apparently you must wait 20 seconds or "flood control" kicks in.

But once the flood control period has passed there is a twilight zone where the posts may get joined together. This is the third discrete post I have made in the thread.

David

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No i'll leave it as it is but i just wanted to know why when i wanted to make a seperate post from the first one a minute after i posted it that it got posted with the first one and not as a seperate post,as on other forums i go on this has never happened to me and it was just confusing me why it was doing that as i wanted each post i was posting to be seperate so it was easier to read and not as one like it was doing.

But atleast i managed to make 3 seperate post after waiting 20 odd minutes between each one to make another post.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
OK, I have found this setting. It's a new one, only here since the last version upgrade of the software, that's why I didn't click.
QUOTE Merge member's concurrent posts
When a member posts twice within n minutes, once after the other in a topic they will be merged into one post. Enter the number of minutes to capture concurrent posts. Enter 0 to not use.
So I've disabled it. It was set to 10 minutes.

Remember that you have 60 minutes where you can edit and add to your post. After the 60 minutes the post is fixed. If you need something changed, ask a moderator.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Doug your a star and i will remember that i have 60mins to edit my posts hopefully i won't need to but great to know though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts