Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've used them inside coaches - they're slightly smaller so easier to fit in seats and behind tables and the scale difference doesn't show. The pack of 100 seated figures (unpainted) is excellent value.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think if you stick with either HO or OO figures and not mix them then you would not notice the difference.
They do some great packs with interesting poses and scenes.
There is a chap on ebay doing various HO packs for £15.50 inc postage for 120 figures. A bargain.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have bought these plastic models unpainted, but find after several purchases that repetition is a factor. 00/H0? well if mixed, is equal to real life, after all when have you seen a crowd of people whose height are all identical.
I now prefer to buy models of people made from white metal and unpainted. Painting is much easier than the plastic models, and a better finish, again white metal models do tend to be repetitive.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Aren't the figures in the Bachmann OO range, (police &c), made by Preiser. I'm sure there's something on the Bachmann packaging about it. They're very good.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the Preiser loco crew and the Bachmann lineside workers and there is a big difference in size. You will be ok as long as you do not mix them with OO gauge figures. Both types look good, the Preiser fit much easier into the cabs of my A4's.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I use Noch and Preiser HO's along with Bachmann Preiser OO figures you can mix them but be careful as the OO figures are significantly bigger than the HO's, so much so that the HO's can look like umpa lumpas when placed next to them

·
Registered
186 Posts
I tend not to use massive amounts of people and use langley figures I find these to be of a high quality although 100 sitting people for in coaches sounds reasonable? Are they very modern are ambiguous in their period?
if only I could think of a way of getting them in my mk1s without damaging them

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Ben Manicom @ 22 May 2006, 21:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I tend not to use massive amounts of people and use langley figures I find these to be of a high quality although 100 sitting people for in coaches sounds reasonable? Are they very modern are ambiguous in their period?
if only I could think of a way of getting them in my mk1s without damaging them

The coaches or the people ?

Seriously though, the people are reasonably ambiguous - you have to chop off their lower regions & of course as they are going into coaches they do not have to be painted to the same degree of detail as those "outside". Incidently, I have found that you cannot get 4 x HO people sitting in a 4 x seater bench in a HO coach, so HO people will probably fit better into an OO coach !

As an aside, it does not alway notice that much that coaches are "empty", but if you illuminate the coaches they certainly do then !

best regards
Brian

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you got time and possess reasonable painting skills there is a good selection of unpainted white metal figures try Langley Models all sorts of figures from various periods and all in different poses, good value as well, P & D figures are pretty good too you can also but painted ones as well
Beacon Models resin figures as well good value for money, they come in packs of twenty

Langeley Models

P&D Marsh

Beacon Models

·
Registered
139 Posts
QUOTE (Colombo @ 2 Jun 2006, 17:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Aidan Campbell also produces a comprehensive range of pewter figures in various scales. They are full of character and some are quite humerous. Have a look at Aidan Campbell
Colombo

Very nice little figures, definitely would add that little bit of atmosphere to your layout

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE Aidan Campbell also produces a comprehensive range of pewter figures in various scales. They are full of character and some are quite humerous. Have a look at Aidan Campbell

Those really are excellent.
I could easily use most of these on my layout. They have some uniquely British characatures too like the train spotters and the guys eating fish suppers. I have to have the four Liverpudlians crossing the road though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts