Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,

where will i find the best upto date prices for 'classic' cira 1960 horby dublo trains?

having been given a good couple of boxes full of Trains/tenders + track, some old sets, carrages etc.
most of them all boxed, mint condition.

not sure what to do or where to go with them, I have looked in modle shops and asked, but they try and say they are worth nothing, butthen you look in the window and see same things, not in same cond for £90+!! :eek:

thought this site might help.. wheres your FOR SALE page??

not sure if i would sell... but at the right price i might get rid.

but as i say, have no idea what the correct prices should be.

looking as we speak.. at a MINT box with a hornby-dublo 4036 Pullman Car, 2nd class, with fittings, suitable for 2-rail & 3rail systems, gauge 00/HO 16.5mm

on the box says 18/6 writen in pencil, so i take it thats the price then??

if anyone wants pix i can do you some.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
There is only one place to sell good quality Dublo stuff and that is through the Vectis auction house. You will get top dollar as they have a worldwide reputation. Forget Ebay. Total waste of time for Dublo. Traders buy on Ebay and there are definitely fantastic Dublo bargains to be had for those in the know.

Track and buildings generally will fetch peanuts.

Trackside accessories are more collectable.

If your stuff is of the quality that you say it is then go for it.

Visit www.vectis.co.uk and check out past auctions.

They will charge you a 20% sellers premium which is among the highest premiums around however the fact is you get what you pay for.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gary, i have been looking at the site.. some great prices on there!!

how does it work, do you send the stuff in and they value it or do you send pix?

think i need to get everything out and take pix.

20%!!! eeeek

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Its best to read their terms. Generally you ship the goods to them and they will value the collection, catalogue it, take photographs, and put the collection in the auction splitting the collection up into appropriate lots. If there are rare items in the colection they will normally be put on one side and auctioned off seperately. This is the benefit of selling through an organisation who knows the market. They arrange live internet bidding and telephone bidding which compete against those who are in the auction room. Quality items appear at Rugby and there is an auction this Saturday (13/5). You can put a reserve on items if you wish. Not much is unsold. The sort of people drawn to the auction are those who have money! They are not the type to take chances with an Ebay purchase. They know what they want and if they see something they like they are prepared to pay big money.

Of course it is best to contact Vectis direct.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
once again Gary thank you, I've emailed them so i'll see if they get back intouch. I will have to make a not of everything tho!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts