Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a Dynamis for Xmas and on trying it out I have encountered a problem with the STOP button. According to the instuctions when you turn on the handset it automatically shows the STOP icon and you have to press it to proceed. Mine does not show the STOP icon and you can start running trains immediately but when I pressed the STOP button the train just keeps on going. The only way I can get the STOP icon to show is if I go out of range of the receiver the train stops and eventually the STOP icon shows. I try now to press the STOP button to resume ( within range) but it does not respond. The only way to resume movement is to switch off the handset and it comes back on (minus STOP) and I am able to carry on. Is there anything I can try or am I unlucky and have a faulty unit.
PS I have tried 4 different locos over a 2 day period and the problem persists

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
I do not own a Dynamis, but from your description it sounds like your Stop button is not working. By that I mean either the physical switch is not working or there is a broken connection between the switch and the "brains" that reads it. Unless you know of some other function the Stop button is supposed to perform, it appears to fail all the ones you have tried but everything else is ok.

Given the small size of today's electronics, I doubt there is much you can do to fix it yourself and as it is such a new unit, take it back to your supplier and request a replacement.

David

·
Registered
149 Posts
i have the dynamis, at first i had a few niggles with it but it has ironed its-self out. " but " however in your case i would return it pronto, there is reports that there are faulity units out that have been returned to the shops again. read this link under problem with dynamis in the dcc section broomgrove sponser www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/

john

1 - 3 of 3 Posts