Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 DR Class 106 locomotives (2 Piko and 1 Gützold) which I am in the process of digitising. I have been impressed by the following video: V60 der CWG, so I am sourcing sound decoders. First up I thought I'd try Piko's own decoder which involves buying a normal traction decoder plus an add on sound decoder and speaker. This combo arrived from MSL on Friday so over the weekend I set to ............ but ............ I just cannot get the body off. I have undone every screw in sight, pulled, pried and poked but still the body remains seemingly welded to the underframe.

This is the Gützold version

I've put back all the screws and consigned the model back to it's box. I'm about to have a look at the Gützold loco into which I was going to fit the Doehler & Hass chip (not yet ordered).

To be honest I'm a bit dispirited. Any advice or help would be very welcome.

Best regards ................ Greyvoices (alias analogue John)

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
John, I have 2 Similar Shunters of Piko and in the Bottom on mine anyway there are three screws to come out if you have the Lok Number Piko Number you can get Expanded Drawings on there Website Hope this Helps.

Babs

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should have noticed that the body has 4 lugs that have to be prised as well as a couple of screws.

The pictorial file on the Piko website was very helpful: Gehause offnen

Thanks once again Babs.

Best regards ........... Greyvoices (a now hopeful John)

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
John This might Help you, on Piko.de Article Number 59421 there is a Link for a Expanded Drawing

I noticed on the Expanded Drawing 2 Screws and It could be four Lugs holding the body in place.

Babs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts