Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being bought the Graham Farish by Bachmann Cornish Riviera Express N scale digital set some 18 months ago as a present, and then moving house, I have only just got around to setting it up. When I have tried setting up the E-Z Command digital controller to an individual address the Loco seems to accept the instruction but continues to operate on any of the different numbers. Once the power is turned off to the controller it won’t run without being reset. Have I got a faulty controller? Is there any way of testing it or do I have to throw myself at the mercy of the Bachmann service centre and hope they won’t charge to much as obviously it is out of warranty. Advice please.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The train will continue to run until you tell it to stop. You have to be careful not to put the controller in function mode instead of select loco mode. How many locos do you have?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
It might be worth looking for a secondhand controller as a spare rather than pay for a repair - I have paid between £5 and £30 for secondhand units et exhibitions.

It rather looks like your locos are thinking they are running on DC so there may be something wrong with either your controller or the power supply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts