Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to this group so I will introduce myself: I am a retired 'Professional Model Maker' who has earned a living at making models for over 45 years, hence I can legitimately call myself a 'Pro'.
My interest is in making the layouts, rather then making and running the rolling stock. I am also a photographer and author.
For the last 35 years I have also lectured on model making at various colleges and universities in South East England at ND, HND & Degree Level, on a part-time basis.
Finally I have models on public display in museums and exhibitions.

John-Pro

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Hi John

Welcome to the forum and any advice you can offer will be greatfully received. As I am from Australia I have never seen any of your work, would you mind posting some pictures for us.

Many thanks

Martin

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
John Hi,

..and welcome to MRF.
Would love to see pictures of your works

Baykal

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi All

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I have managed to post some photos under the heading of Professional Model Layouts John-Pro under the 'OO' scale heading.

John

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi John and welcome, always dood to have a pro on board.

Regards

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 26 Aug 2008, 16:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi John and welcome, always dood to have a pro on board.

Regards

Britho , dood is spelt DUDE , tho' I'm sure you dud nit meen that!!!

Sorry cild nit resust that . I saw the stage production of "allo-allo" last week!
John , I'm really looking forward to more of your pro posts
Regards Tony

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Hi John and welcome to the MRF.

We are a pretty eclectic bunch here but always willing to learn from the experience and skills of others.

Looking forward to seeing some more of your work and picking up a few tips along the way.

Cheers,

Expat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi John and welcome, always dood to have a pro on board.

I believe he ment 'Good' but that would not have been so much fun.......

John-Pro

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi all

In order not to clutter the system, I now have just one post under Tracks, Layouts & Scenery: John Pro: Layouts & Scenery.... Q & A Modelling methods.... I will be pleased to see you there........

John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts