Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
I tried JMRI however it seems the interface has a product specific menu and at this time the Hornby Elite does not feature in the menu. I kept getting time out messages in the display window. There is a general "direct" connection but not too sure what this is all about and when using it time out messages still appeared. If anybody does have any success communicating via a PC with the Elite using JMRI please report here.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
QUOTE It may work if you connect the Lenz LI-USB interface up and connect that to the Elite through the XpressNet port and NOT the USB port.

That thought had occured to me but it means making up an Xpressnet/USB adaptor. Given that the word is that the Elite has been benchtested with Railroad & Co software I wonder what the connection was? I haven't tried Railroad & Co software yet as I am not currently in a position to make the most of a 30 day free trial.

QUOTE if all the locos are using 4 digit addressing on the Elite how do you access them with a Select or do they all have to be on 2 digit addressing?

Again that thought had occured to me also!

Happy modelling
Gary

1 - 2 of 2 Posts