Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...

I am having a problem trying to program the CV's on the Dynamis, I won't to change the pre set on my Fleischmann Loco.. which is, CV 191 & CV 194 to "8" = German [pre-set at the factory]
I am trying to set this to CV191 & CV194 to "9" = English

I go to Program Loco addr 4 on maintrack.. I accept.. I then put in POM CV 191 and set the value to 9.. then? nothing, what is supposed to happen now? as I don't get anything on the screen to say this has been done, What am I doing wrong? I noticed when you enter the <> which is 9 I don't get anything on the screen to enter this in.. or any confirmation that it has been entered, anyone got any idea's???

Puzzler..

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (Puzzler @ 13 Jun 2008, 23:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all...

I am having a problem trying to program the CV's on the Dynamis, I won't to change the pre set on my Fleischmann Loco.. which is, CV 191 & CV 194 to "8" = German [pre-set at the factory]
I am trying to set this to CV191 & CV194 to "9" = English

I go to Program Loco addr 4 on maintrack.. I accept.. I then put in POM CV 191 and set the value to 9.. then? nothing, what is supposed to happen now? as I don't get anything on the screen to say this has been done, What am I doing wrong? I noticed when you enter the <> which is 9 I don't get anything on the screen to enter this in.. or any confirmation that it has been entered, anyone got any idea's???

Puzzler..

***In general with most command stations programming on the main neither allows reading of CVs nor any acknowlegement of action - if you tell it to do it it will simply do it. In fact the Dynamis will not allow reading of CV's at all, it will only write to them.

I really don't understand what you are trying to do from the description.... What changes to the locomotives actions/responses are you trying to achieve?

Richard
DCCconcepts

·
Registered
45 Posts
QUOTE (Richard Johnson @ 13 Jun 2008, 16:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>***In general with most command stations programming on the main neither allows reading of CVs nor any acknowlegement of action - if you tell it to do it it will simply do it. In fact the Dynamis will not allow reading of CV's at all, it will only write to them.

I really don't understand what you are trying to do from the description.... What changes to the locomotives actions/responses are you trying to achieve?

Richard
DCCconcepts

Hi Richard, what I am trying to do is change the station announcements from German into English, these are function F8 on my Fleischmann Loco's, and the CV is "CV191 & CV194" to "9" 9 are the announcements in English, 8 is the German default..
The station announcements are: " "Here is a customer announcement. We apologise for the late departure of your train. The train is now about to depart. Please stand back and mind the doors. The doors will close automatically!"
and... "We apologise for the late running of this service owing to leaves on the line..." or "The 10.15 service has been
cancelled because of the wrong kind of snow"...

Hope that explains things a bit better, Sorry...

Puzzler..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts