Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
The title of this thread is a little misleading.
Doug's answer completely covered the subject - yes you do want a programming track and yes you want to be as convenient as possible. In the greater scale of things the ECos can be regarded as a topend system whereas the Dynamis is more the bread and butter and lower spec. Bachmann frequently fail to mean delivery deadlines so if your in a hurry to go DCC it would appear the ECos would be the way to go. At £375.00 quid it isn't cheap, and you'll still need a transformer, it's over £100 more than the Lenz 100 and the Digitrax super chief. NCE possibly a little cheaper. Without giving a bias slant to any system, we've all seen recently what can happen if you rush out and buy a digital system without it having been in the market for a while. So personally I'd much rather go with an established system than hang my hopes on a maybe it's coming next week..month...year....decade.
Buy and established system that works With technical backup and someone you can speak to if and when you have a problem to resolve

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Might I add in the bigger picture 75 or 80 quid is pennies per month over the expected life of the unit regardless of make. The important thing is having made a decision is to see it through and implement. ( assuming you don't have the constraint of not being able to afford it ). Try to take up German lessons it isn't an easy language but the beers nice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts